What makes a great Openreach Civil engineer?
Openreach engineers have diverse backgrounds, with varied experiences. We’re looking for people with a willingness to get stuck in, an ability to connect with people, and who enjoy a physically demanding role.
We’re looking for people who are:
- Happy working outdoors. Whether it’s glorious sunshine or bracing British weather, our Civil engineers are out supporting us to build our network.
- Open to new technology. Nothing too scary and we’ll always support you, but you need to be comfortable using smart devices and ready to learn as new tools emerge.
- Ready to give their best. The sort of person who always sees a job through and takes pride in doing it properly.
- Physically fit. You don’t need to be a marathon runner, but will need to be fit enough to work in the highway, excavating and assisting in safely moving plant and kit.
- Prepared to roll up their sleeves. Working in the great outdoors on our network means getting your hands dirty.
- Able to manage their time as well as their workload. This is critical, our customers rely on us and we need individuals who are truly committed to delivering service.