Our privacy principles
In BT we believe that it is the attention to data ethics and compliance that makes all the difference to the trust our customers place to our brand. Privacy is a key consideration from day one when we design new products and services for example.
To make sure we do the right thing we operate in accordance with the following privacy principles. We’ll:
- process your personal information fairly and in accordance with applicable laws;
- tell you (either directly or in our policies and notices) how we may use your personal information;
- only collect personal information when we need it for legitimate purposes, or legal reasons;
- make sure personal information is adequate, relevant and not excessive for the purpose for which we collect it;
- only keep personal information for as long as we need to;
- keep personal information secure, and limit the people who can access it;
- tell you how to access your personal information and exercise your rights in relation to it;
- make sure that any third parties we share your personal information with take appropriate steps to protect it; and
- help our business customers comply with any legal obligations they have with any personal information that we process on their behalf.