Frequently asked questions
Below are some of the question we get asked
What if I don’t qualify?
- If you don’t meet the criteria for BT Basic (or don't want to use this service) we still want to help you control your costs. Find out more about other BT phone only call packages
- For customers with just a phone line with us, but are not eligible for BT Basic we have Home Phone Saver. This bundles together line rental, unlimited anytime calls to other landlines and some of our other calling features.
NOTE: Home Phone Saver is a telephone only deal, it cannot be taken as part of our Broadband packages. Go to bt.com/hps or call 0800 587 7218 for more information.
What happens if I go over my call allowance?
- If you go over your call allowance, you'll pay 11.3p a minute (plus 3.3p for each phone call) for all normal UK calls. All other calls are charged at our standard BT Basic calling package rates.
I haven't used up my call allowance. Can I carry it over?
- No. If you don't use all of your call allowance you can't carry it over to the next billing period.
What calls are eligible for the ‘price cap’?
- If you dial any number that starts 01, 02, 03, a UK mobile number 07 or to 08 numbers, you will pay a maximum of £10 a month for these calls.
Will I receive the call allowance and a ‘price cap’?
- Yes. You will still receive the £1.50 call allowance each month for eligible calls. After this you will be charged for any calls made up to the price of £10 for that month (as mentioned above).
Do I have to make £10 of calls a month?
- No. You can make as few calls as you like – but if you do go over £10 a month for specific calls, these will be ‘capped’, and you’ll pay no more £10 a month.
Can I have broadband with BT Basic?
- Yes. We realise how important the internet is in today’s world BT Basic has been designed to allow broadband on the line.