Digital Brand Team
The Digital Brand team sit within BT Group Brand and Marketing. We work with digital and marketing teams across BT's brands (BT, EE and Plusnet) to make sure everything we do looks and sounds right. We also coordinate all of our social media, website design and big digital marketing campaigns.
A huge chunk of our sales comes through our website, bt.com. And it’s up to our Digital team to drive more people online (through digital marketing and social media), make it easy for them to take up our latest offers and bundles, and make sure our marketing plans translate into a smooth online experience.
We’re also helping more customers help themselves online, whenever it suits them. And we’re giving them excellent content to draw them in: bt.com is our portal (as well as our online shop-front) so it’s got to be appealing, useful and interesting. We keep it that way with the most important news stories, entertaining videos, and useful life hacks to help with things like personal finance, and all their tech and gadgets.
So you’ll need to be able to translate commercial and customer needs into online capabilities to deliver on our plans, and some technical knowledge to help us stay across all the latest developments, keep the site running efficiently, and talk code with our technical teams. But we also need people who understand how our customers think and behave; people with the imagination to create virals and ‘sticky’ content to turn browsers into buyers; and people who can see the story behind the data.
A Marketing Apprenticeship in Digital will give you the opportunity to work in a number of different marketing teams; Sales, Customer Engagement, Digital Capability, Digital Media and Brand - and you will a part of a fantastic team working together to deliver a brilliant digital experience for our potential and existing customers.
Your day to day role could range from:
- contributing to Digital/Brand campaigns using a variety of media
- advising on style guide application
- learning about the tools used to track and monitor campaign analytics
- working with user experience and visual designers to improve web pages, merchandise deals and get people to buy online
- brief web developers to deliver site updates and ensure they are delivered accurately and with quality
- testing website changes before they go live to ensure quality
- attending meetings with a variety of teams and contributing to reports
You will look to constantly improve business performance using the market intelligence gathered through your contribution to your role.
Junior Content Producer Apprentice – Digital Experience Design
We want BT to be a place where our people feel engaged, be themselves, and inspired to be the best they can be. We want to be a high performing, thriving organisation, where difference is celebrated and innovation is a big part of who we are.
To do that we need brilliant collaboration and shared ambition. Where our leaders are challenging but supportive; where we celebrate success; where we are able to learn as we grow and where our people make customers feel valued by delivering great experiences.
We are looking for someone with a passion for design and digital communications, and a keen interest in learning how to create amazing online experiences. You will join a growing and dynamic Creative Studio team within BT Consumer Digital. Your primary role will be to support Digital Studio team members in delivering projects effectively and efficiently whilst developing your own skills.
As a digital studio apprentice, you should be eager to learn by working alongside more senior creative staff on a range of ambitious and innovative projects. You should feel confident enough to contribute to the creative process and demonstrate a passion for developing your skills within a fast paced, professional environment.
You will have a questioning mind, an appetite to learn, and an enthusiasm for all things digital. You will also be organised, self-disciplined and able to manage your time effectively.
During the first few months, you will be given a comprehensive understanding of the digital design and content production landscape through practical experience of our core disciplines, including:
- User experience strategy and research;
- User experience design;
- Visual design;
- Copywriting and content creation
- During your time with us you will:
- Learn the core principles of Visual Communication Design, including grids, typography, colour theory, and accessibility;
- Learn the core theories and practices of User Experience Design (UX);
- Learn about related areas such as digital sales and marketing, and web development;
- Learn how to organise and manage yourself and your work effectively and efficiently;
- Assist in creating website & app designs that look great, and work well on a wide range of devices;
- Assist in updating the design and/or content of existing web pages on bt.com;
- Communicate and share ideas regularly with other team members;
- Present your work to team members and project stakeholders.
- A generous starting salary of £14,963,
- 22 days' paid annual leave plus bank holidays
- The opportunity to join the contributory pension scheme
- The chance to buy shares in a pretty impressive business
- Choices benefits programme; a voucher scheme giving you the chance to buy stuff like additional annual leave (more days for those festivals)
- Free BT Broadband plus discounts on company products including Mobile contracts.
Learning and development
Advance apprenticeship lasting 15 months and working towards an industry recoginised level 3 qualification
You will need to have a minimum of 4 GCSE's at grade C or above including English Language and Maths. Equivalent grades are accepted
Applications closed for 2017
We only accept one application to our Apprentice Programme, so please only apply to your first choice. If you're interested in more than one of our roles you can state this on your application, we can then consider you for all of the vacancies you have selected.